Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day - a day late:)

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday. I had hoped to get on here and post a V-Day finish, however I didn't actually finish stitching it until around 9:00. So I am here to celebrate Valentine's with you today instead of yesterday:)

 
This is Love Letters. I stitched it on 32ct Jobelyn's Queen Ann's Lace using GAST Rose Garden. I'm super excited about this project because my sister-in-law, Marianne Meyer of Midnight Stitching, designed it!! This is one of my favorite designs that she has done so far:)

As much as I love this project, it is even better finished into a sewing pouch. Mary-Kathryn of Impie, Hattie and Bea, made a sewing pouch that is for sale on her website that complements this design perfectly. I may try my hand at making something similar for finishing mine:)

One more bit of news. My hubby and I usually don't make a big deal out of V-Day. A flower here or a piece of pie there, but never anything big - except the year he got me a dish washer, and believe me, I LOVED it:) This year however, he really surprised me. I wasn't expecting anything at all, and I really am fine with that, he works hard for us all year and I don't expect this one day of the year to be any more special than any other. Hubby sat me down and said that he had something for me though. He brought a bag in to me and inside was an IPad!!! I am so excited!! Now to just figure a few things out on it so I can start using it:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is pretty...I went and looked at the bag...a great idea!
Enjoy your new toy!

Debbie said...

Very cool, an ipad! Enjoy!