I am so excited to show of my finished project for the month!! I had hoped to get two framed up, but we had a rather rough week here - more on that in another post- and I just didn't get to the other. Here is what I did get done...
I started off wanting to work on these two projects. The one on the left is 'Heart of America' from Little House Needleworks. This is the one that I can't find the buttons for!!! I saw them a few weeks ago and I'm sure I put them somewhere 'safe', but I have no idea where!! The other project is 'Stealing Oats' from BritterCup. I love stitching her designs because they are so simple, but turn out so very cute. This project is for my dd and I stitched it a little over a year ago, but have never framed it.
I have a horrible time keeping white fabric clean, so I started things out by taking a wet wash cloth and spot cleaning a few areas. I couldn't wash the whole piece because the fibers I used were hand dyed and they would bleed onto the fabric. After washing it up a bit I ironed it. I had to be careful with the iron as there is a few beads on the flowers.
I already had this frame on hand set aside for this project - yes, that is how badly I put off finishing up my projects, I had everything I needed to get it done, and I just didn't do it. Since this was a regular frame and I had some beads on the piece, I didn't back it with anything very thick, so I wasn't able to stitch and stretch the back of it. I did use a bit of glue on the back to hold it in place - yes, I know, very bad!! But that was the best I could do on this one. Plus this was 18 ct Aida fabric, which means it was easy to center and didn't need a lot of stretching anyway.
So that is it for me this month. I have so many projects that I want to be able to finish off next month!!!
If you participated, please leave a link to your blog post by next Monday and I'll count everyone's up at the end of the year for a prize of some sort:)