Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 1 Update of 52 in 52

I can't believe the first week of 2013 has already come and gone. You'd think since I've pretty much been stuck at home for a few weeks now that time would just crawl on by. Actually I kind-of like being home so much, dd isn't as happy about it:) Yesterday the Dr said things are looking good and to come back in a couple weeks with my other shoe!!! So I'm hoping that means that I'll at least be in a smaller brace, maybe no brace at all. Either way it should mean that I will be able to drive again. That is such happy news to our daughter. She is ready to resume her crazy schedule:)

Okay, so I've done some of my 52 in 52 really well, but on a few things I'm already behind.

We'll go down the list...

Kitchen/food goals

We tried a new recipe for smoke beef roast (I'll update the top page with a link to the recipe as soon as I can find it:). This was the best beef roast we have ever had!!!

I have also tried a new-to-me brand of chocolate. It is from Green and Black's and can be found at grocery stores like Walmart. I got 85% and the mint, but have only tried the dark so far. I need more time before I can comment. I'm not a dark chocolate kind of girl, and this was intense for me, so I'm just not sure how I feel about it.


Charity/Community Service

Nothing completed on this section. I am working on 2 toddler blankets and on a LoveQuilt block.


Sewing/Crafting/Stitching

I got one of my older cross stitch projects completed.
I've started on a round robin project and will be doing the first mailing off at the end of this month.
I signed up for a stitchy exchange.
So I did get a bit done with this one:)


Health and Wellness

Umm, well, walking and biking are kind of out right now:) I am trying, by way of diet to lose a couple pounds that would get me back down to where I was after I lost that 10lbs last year:) Then I will start on the 30lbs I want to lose this year!!


Art and Photography

Nope, nothing here either. Hoping to draw a little bit today or Friday as the weather has warmed up a bit and I may talk my daughter into going outside to do some drawing as well:)


Reading/Education

I am almost finished with my first 'for fun' book and plan to start an 'educational' book afterwards about Mediterranean Eating. I also started a chronological reading plan of the Bible and have done well with that.


Nothing yet of 'Family Fun' or 'Christmas Time'.


There is a couple of goals that I was to do weekly with a total of 52 by the end of the year - like with the drawing and photos of our daughter. I will allow myself to make up for those weeks that I miss so long as the total does in-fact equal 52 in the end. Hopefully I'll be able to update this each week so long as I have enough progress:)

So did anyone else set goals for themselves this year? How are you doing with your goals?

No comments: