Friday, February 7, 2014

Whoop-Whoop Friday!! 2-7-14

Another WHOOP-WHOOP Friday post!!! This has been a lot of fun and it is pushing me a bit to get at least one thing completed each week!! :)

Actually this is a finish that should have been done last week for the Smalls SAL that Stitching Lotus hosts. I posted last week with an un-finished 'Small' because I had hurt my ankle that day and didn't get back to stitching it.

This week though, I not only finished stitching it, but I made it into an ornament as well, so it is FINISHED-FINISHED :0)


This pattern is the 2010 Stamp Ornament from Jeannette Douglas Designs and can be found in the 2010 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue. It was a quick and somewhat easy ornie to stitch. The red is stitched over 2 threads, but the 'Joy and date' is stitched over one. And I'm not sure the last time I used the lazy daisy stitch, but I found that it really wasn't bad. The chart also called for a few red beads, but I didn't have the right ones and the ones I had really clashed with the red thread I used, so I left them off.

If you want to join in and show off your crafty finishes each Friday, visit Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Oh, and has anyone picked out an Olympic project to work on? You know.. a project to work on while your watching the Olympics for the next week or so? I think I want to pick something out, not sure if it'll be something new or if I'll dig something out of my basket that I want to get back to. I'll let you know:)

3 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Such a beautiful finish. I must add this to my 'must stitch' list :)

Rita said...

Beautiful finish!

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on a Finish-Finish, Shannon! It's a great ornament and your lazy daisy stitches look wonderful. Those are really hard for me to get right.