Wow has this past week been a busy one!!! This week will be too and then I'm hoping for a bit more home/quiet time after that - at least for a little while!!
We had lots of running last week, including a 4-H leather craft meeting and a regular 4-H meeting. My hubby and I had a goal to re-arrange the living room to make it more livable and cozy once our tax money came in, and it did, so we spent the weekend doing a little shopping. My hubby is the KING of bargain shopping and we had a strict budget. After looking at new sofas and recliners we decided to call on a couple used ones. We found a real nice hide-a-bed couch for $100 that will be perfect for when dd has her best friend here for a sleep-over (they usually take over my bed as dd's bed is a twin size), and my in-laws gave us an almost-new recliner they had in their basement!! They even match pretty well, and they both have a bit of blue in them which matches the curtains!! I don't think we've ever had matching furniture:)
Next, we started looking for a washer and dryer. Oh my goodness, those are super expensive!!! It's been somewhere around 11 years or so since we last looked and they are not cheap. SO we started looking at 'scratch and dent' stores and after that used appliance stores. The scratch and dent weren't all that much cheaper and while the used ones were, they were in pretty bad shape. So we were going to start calling on used ones by owner. But as we were waiting to look at the couch, we had a bit of time to waste, so we went into Best Buy to look at a couple other things we are wanting for the living room. We had forgot that they also sell appliances, but we knew they would be high. However, as we walked around the corner, there were a matching washer/dryer set that were 'open box' and marked down to $600 for the set!!! This was the washer that I had wanted at another store, but it was $550 for the washer alone there:) So I'm one happy mama and have been catching up on that laundry pile in my brand new washer/dryer:)
Okay, so with all that went on last week, how did I do on my goals? Well....
1. Stitching - I do have both the 'Small Sal' project picked out and the spring exchange project picked out, but haven't gotten started on either. I have worked on my 'Olympic' project quite a bit as well as my 'Something Old' project and I have a start on my Something New project. Not too bad:) I didn't post on the WIPocalypse yet, I'm thinking I'll get to that tomorrow.
2. Exercise - I did get to the gym twice, but didn't do yoga at home. Oh, and I've lost 2 more pounds!!!
3. Housework - I've made a good dent in the laundry pile, but dishes are piling up a bit again.
4. Learning - I did get the knitting books out and learned to cast on!!! Or at least one way to cast on. It's all very unnatural to me as I'm used to crocheting, but I'll get there. I didn't get back to the German last week though.
5. Crochet/Knitting - Got both of these done. Washcloth is made and ready to mail out and I played with the knitting, but I pulled it all out (like 4 different times), which is what I used to do with crocheting while learning.
For this upcoming week we have zoo volunteering for dd, 4-H leather craft, helping a friend move, MOPS volunteering for dd and a Secret Sisters party (through our homeschooling group). Oh, and the regular day-to-day stuff. Hubby and I are hoping to still buy a laptop to replace our out-dated desk top and that will allow us to get rid of the big computer desk that is taking up too much of our living room and to get a new TV. We are looking at getting a pretty basic laptop as all we still do on the computer is dd's German program, use Word and I blog on it as I do not like trying to blog on my iPad. Then we would like a Smart TV so we can still watch Netflix on it. We only have a 15 inch TV in our bedroom right now, so this will be a real treat for us to have a more comfortable place for us all to be. As you can see, another busy week, so I'm going to keep my goals for this week pretty basic...
1. Stitching - I want to continue on my Olympic stitching and would like to make a start in my Small Sal project.
2. Exercise - I'm pretty confident that I can make it to the gym twice and then helping my friend to move (I'll be there 2 days) should count for something, right?
3. Housework - HAHAHAHA Oh, wait, I really do need to work on this. Okay, I guess my biggest goal will be to pick up/clean around the re-arranging. There will be lots of dusting and vacuuming to be done, I am sure!!
4. Blogging/e-mails - I need to catch up on a few things with the blogs and I have several things to organize with the Secret Sisters party (a friend and I lead this) as well as 4-H (I think I've mentioned that I lead our group).
What are you up to this week?