Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekly Goals Post 2/3/14

A whole month has flown by and I am just starting to feel like I am ready to really start tackling some of my 52 in 52 goals. Do you ever get like that? Spend some time planning and then throw the plans to the side because you just don't feel ready to start tackling them? While I've gotten a few things on my list started I think this month will see some real progress.

So what did I accomplish last week? I mean besides spraining my ankle and effectively killing my workout plans? :P  BTW: My dd is convinced that I threw myself down the library stairs just so I could claim that I hurt my ankle and now I can't go to the gym and workout!! Hmm, not sure where she comes up with this stuff!! :)

1. Stitching -  Got both LoveQuilt blocks done and mailed off and I have heard from them that they were received on time, so that is all finished up!!

2. Blogging - All blogging/crafting/stitching challenges and SALs were posted and accounted for. It did make for a fun week in blog land!!

3. Exercise - I did get one day of yoga in before I hurt my ankle, so that is a little something.


And for the upcoming week...

1. Stitching - I would like to get a couple small projects finished up this week. The Smalls Sal ornie that I was working on last week and the Prairie Schooler Ornie that is my 'Something Old' for this month. I also need to dig up a spring/Easter piece to work on for an exchange I'm in.

2. Exercise - My ankle is actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be and I'm getting around pretty well on it. I'm probably not going to be able to get into the gym this week (bad winter storms coming this way), but I think I can do a little yoga here at home to make up for it.

3. Housework - As we will likely be stuck at home a good deal of this week, I want to go back and focus a bit on housework. I've managed to keep up with the dishes for the past couple of weeks now. I think I'll focus on laundry now and see if I can't keep up with it as well:)

4. Learning - I got a couple books on knitting from the library last week, one came with a video, that I would like to at least start looking at this week, maybe even cast on and see how that goes:) I have also been slacking off on the German program we are working on. DD is getting way ahead of me, so I need to get back on that. Of course dd is taking it for a high school credit, I would just like to learn for the fun of it. Last night she and I played a couple games of UNO and were able to speak in German for the colors and numbers, at least 1-6. So that is showing some progress!! :0)

5. Crochet - I need to finish up the last wash cloth that will be the give-away prize for my GROW YOUR BLOG post (and it's not to late to leave a comment to be entered to win!!!). I also have a toddler blanket I started a while back that I think I'm going to get back to. It'll be one to go to my friend that does foster care/respite care. Since she knows several foster/respite families, I'll let her decide who may need it the most.

THAT should keep me busy and mostly out of trouble for the week:) What are your plans for the week?

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yes i do. I do a yearly thing, with one goal for each year I am old. Then I put things off for a few months, and then go through a period of accomplishing lots.