Clearly it is taking me longer than our 2 weeks between each project!! I'm not getting hung up on the embroidery part, but rather putting the project together. I'm really not great at sewing (stitching, yes, but I tend to need a bit more time with the machine!!), and it takes a while for me to the sewing part done. Hopefully with some more practice I will get better!!
Even though there are several things on this that I either changed, or did as it said, but really need some practice on to make it better (like sewing on the binding:), I am really happy with how it turned out.
I made the needlebook...
I made a couple changes since I didn't have all the materials that they called for. I didn't have cream colored ric-rac so I used some lace I had coffee stained for another project a while back. I also didn't have any batting so I used a piece of cheep white felt that I had, it worked perfect!! And I used some old buttons that I had cut off my grandmother's clothing years ago after she passed away. The goal was to make quilts for all her children (my mom and aunts and uncles) with the material from her clothing. I only ended up making 1 1/2 quilts before I stopped, but it was great for working through the sadness of losing her:)
Now I'm off to see what projects everyone else made. If you want to see too, visit Martina over at SunshineQuilting!!