Thursday, September 18, 2014

Embroidery SAL - Part 2

sunshinequilting
 
Clearly it is taking me longer than our 2 weeks between each project!! I'm not getting hung up on the embroidery part, but rather putting the project together. I'm really not great at sewing (stitching, yes, but I tend to need a bit more time with the machine!!), and it takes a while for me to the sewing part done. Hopefully with some more practice I will get better!!
 
Even though there are several things on this that I either changed, or did as it said, but really need some practice on to make it better (like sewing on the binding:), I am really happy with how it turned out.
 
I made the needlebook...
 


I made a couple changes since I didn't have all the materials that they called for. I didn't have cream colored ric-rac so I used some lace I had coffee stained for another project a while back. I also didn't have any batting so I used a piece of cheep white felt that I had, it worked perfect!! And I used some old buttons that I had cut off my grandmother's clothing years ago after she passed away. The goal was to make quilts for all her children (my mom and aunts and uncles) with the material from her clothing. I only ended up making 1 1/2 quilts before I stopped, but it was great for working through the sadness of losing her:)


 
Now I'm off to see what projects everyone else made. If you want to see too, visit Martina over at SunshineQuilting!! 


8 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Shannon! Your needle book turned out beautifully! The lace and buttons look lovely and the stitching is perfect! :) x

Kaisievic said...

Your needle book is so pretty. How nice that you could use your grandmother's buttons.

Martina said...

Hi Shannon! Yay! You made such a sweet little book! The lace adds a very special and delicate touch! So lovely! And the buttons add lovely memories!
Happy stitchings, hugs Martina

Dawn said...

Shhhh don't tell anyone it's not perfect and they will never know - it looks perfect to me and I love your changes. Also I think your material colours are a great match with each other. Well done

cucki said...

Wow it's so pretty xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Something this pretty does not have to be perfect.
I like your little needlebook a lot.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Christiane said...

Dear Shannon, I love your needle book! The stitching is gorgeous! I wish my own stitching was so accurate and even.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching that needlebook looks gorgeous.