Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week one done and working on week two

 Lots of busy-ness around here lately. Running back and forth with dd's activities left me with little time to get my fun crafty things done, but I did finally finish my week one project!!! Two sets of dish cloths wrapped up with a pretty bow. Since these will go into a couple Operation Christmas Child boxes, I figured the ribbons could also be used by any little girls that might get them. I really like to do the crochet but not so much the finishing work:) That really is the story of all my crafting - I love to get started, but not to do the tedious finishing work!!!
 

 
And here is week #2's project. This is Prairie Schooler's Autumn Ornie that can be found in Just Cross Stitch mag 'Ornie Preview 2006'. I aim to do the whole set and I have stitched the summer one, but I haven't finished it into anything yet. I think I will finish them all the same with a simple felt backing and a ribbon to hang them so I can switch them out with the seasons. This is coming along pretty quickly so I'm hoping to have it stitched and finished off in the next couple of days.
 
 
Maybe once I get this one done the weather here will finally make up its mind and stay with the cooler autumn temps. As of right now it has been fluctuating between 50-60s at night and 70-90s during the day. We've even had the a/c on here and there and we're almost into Oct!!! My favorite season is autumn and my least favorite is summer, so this is very frustrating to me:)
 
 
Hope all is well where-ever you are!!!

No comments: