Saturday, August 16, 2014

Friday Night Sew In

http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com/2014/08/fnsi-sign-ups-for-friday-night-sew-in.html

For this FNSI, I decided to work on a quilt I had started as a 'Block-a-Day' project his past spring. If I had kept up with actually making a block each day, it would have been done by the end of June or July (I can't remember when the end of the project was). However I didn't even come close to keeping up. The furthest I got was 5 of the green blocks:) So I decided to pull that back out and give it another go.

Here is where I started
Last night was a case of the 2 steps forward- 3 steps back when it came to sewing.  I had some of the blue fabric cut and got started on that, but then ran out of small white squares. So I cut out more big and small white squares and decided to go ahead and cut the grey squares as well. Then I realized that I did the points on the blue squares in the wrong order from how I did the green ones. I want them to match up, so I started over. Then I decided I was done for the night!! I did a bit more sewing this morning and I'm feeling much better now:)

Where I left off
I ended up with 5 green blocks and 5 blue blocks and enough grey and white squares to make lots and lots of blocks:) Next time I'll be ready to really get something done!!!
 
I did have fun with this and I'm planning on joining in on the next FNSI.

8 comments:

Cath said...

You achieved such a lot Shannon even if it felt like walking backwards. If it makes you feel better, that is how my days in the sewing room usually turn out....two steps forward, 1 step back :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have ended up with lovely blocks despite the step backwards. Well done!

Prima Donna said...

Your star blocks look great. I would not know how to sew without my seam ripper close at hand.

Val Spiers said...

The stars look really pretty. A good project for once a month.

http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/fnsi.html

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

The blocks look great even if they took more time than you would have liked. The final quilt should look really nice.

Mary K said...

Your colors look great. It is always hard for me to return to a project that I have put aside.

Fiona said...

Hello, popping in via FNSI ... such lovely blocks.. they are bold and beautiful...
Hugz

Heather S said...

Great work so far, can't wait to see this one completed.