Thursday, October 4, 2012

Daybook for Oct 4, 2012

It's been quite a while since I've done a daybook entry and since I'm in-between craft projects right now, I thought I do one of these to fill up some time.


Outside my window - It was a chilly and blustery day today, and while I LOVE Autumn, I was really worried that today was going to be a flop. Our homeschool group's 'Secret Sister' club was having it's first party today and we were to meet at a pumpkin patch. I was super worried about the 'Little Sisters' getting cold and everyone being miserable, but just in the nick-of-time, the sun came out and made the day so much nicer. It was still cool and windy, but the sun was warm and everyone had a good time. :)


I'm thinking - That I'm really glad we didn't end up with calves last night!!! The thought of having 'meat' roaming around the place makes me feel so much more secure, but it sure is a lot of work to raise animals!! And this week has just been so very busy that I wasn't sure how I was going to fit in 3 feedings a day on top of everything else.


In the kitchen -  With the cooler weather moving in, it's time to start thinking of soups:) This is one thing that I can make pretty well, and I love soup!! Being gluten free means that for the most part I need to homemake my soup as a lot of canned soup uses flour to thicken them, though some brands have started using corn starch. So this week I made Cheeseburger Soup with some extra jalapeno for a little more kick. Last weekend my dh and dd smoked a ham, so this weekend I will make ham and beans.


Creativity this week - Well, you already know that I'm working on Week #4's craft project. I'm also
working on another stitchy square for Love Quilts USA, doing some Autumn stitching, looking for some projects for our 4-H basket that will go up for auction and looking into starting an ornament. Whew!! Lots of fun crafting projects in the mix :0)


In the barn - Even though the calves fell through this week, we are preparing the place (and ourselves) so we will be ready to get some soon. This means the stalls need cleaned out, a gate needs turned around and mended and (the hardest part) alfalfa needs to be found - at a reasonable cost:) Hopefully in the next few weeks we will be able to fill the barnyard with something other than cats!!


I think that catches you up on most of the goings-on around here. Maybe I'll have a stitchy up-date to share in a day or two.

No comments: