Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A stitchy finish

About a month ago, right about when I was starting the race car block for LOVE QUILTS, a message came across one of the stitching Yahoo groups I'm on that another member just found out she had cancer. Now I do not know this other member, and the truth is that I'm not very active on this board, but when a different member suggested that we stitch up some heart blocks that could be made into a small snuggle quilt, I thought that would be a great idea. I found this free pattern at Luli, but had seen it stitched up at Reve de fil as well, and I really liked it done up in blue with the small heart in a contrast color so it would stand out. 

 
 
I hope that enough people joined in to make this a success, but either way it was a fun pattern to stitch. Maybe something I'll need to do for myself at some point:)

1 comment:

Shari said...

very pretty little piece...doesn't it do our hearts good to do for others?!?