Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This and that:)

I have a bit of this and that to share today:)

First off is some stitching I've been doing. This is my spring bunny and the whole reason I needed a spring colored tuck. I have a red tuck that works for everyother season/holiday, but this one needed one of its own:)


Next is a beginning pic of my garden. Nothing going on here yet, but it does look better than it did a few days ago. My dh plowed this spot up and tilled it for me and now it looks nice and pretty. I don't know if you can see them, but there are a few chickens digging around in there looking for all sorts of yummy bugs for their dinner. If only they'd leave the worms:)



And lastly a pic of our boys. These are Jersey bull calves (how old do they have to be before they are not 'calves' anymore?). They are still very friendly and love to have their horns and ears scratched. We try real hard not to get too attached, so we don't have names for them other than 'dinner'. ;) They are obviously NOT doing their job of eating and getting fat right now, LOL!! Just a couple of lazy boys.


4 comments:

Julie said...

Woo Hoo, you have a finish! The rabbit piece is really cute.

Your garden site looks great. Nothing but flat ground for miles behind it, huh?!? And the boys are really cute.

Shannon Meyer said...

Hi Julie:) Nope, nothing in any direction!!! At least the wheat fields are turning green now, it is pretty ugly in the fall!!

Janelle said...

We have wheat all around too and I love to see the green when it comes in. The boys are adorable, we are going pick pne up at an amish farm tomorrow, we want him for breeding purposes, then he may make a nice freezer beef if we can't get him sold. :)

Marianne said...

Your Rabbit turned out pretty! And the garden's looking ready! We don't have wheat next to us this year. I think he told us soy beans will be planted. I saw buds on tree today. . . that was wonderful.