Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Little Knitting Progress

There has been lots of running dd to different activities this year!! But this gives me a bit of extra time to bring along my knitting. Actually I bring along my stitching too, but the knitting is usually what is calling my name (the gym doesn't call my name nearly loud enough!!!). Here is my progress so far...
 
I've been working along on the red scarf (I put the dark blue scarf away for now so I can focus on getting at least ONE of the projects done:), but am getting close enough to needing to switch out yarn balls that I started thinking that I didn't even know how to do that!! So I gathered some small scraps of yarn I have and started a washcloth. I knew I would need to change from one ball of yarn to another in the middle, so this made a perfect trial on something that wouldn't matter. I had also only ever cast-off on a small practice piece, so that was something else I needed to do. I think it turned out okay. You can't see it in the pictures, but I can tell where I switched out, it's not too bad, but I think I will practice with another wash cloth before I have to do it on the scarf. Oh, my, ANOTHER project. How will I ever live with myself?!?! :0)


The scarf is only around 3 feet long right now and I would like it around 6 feet, so I still have a ways to go, but the process is starting to feel more natural and I'm learning how to fix little problems without having to take out row after row, so that is helpful.

 
I had mentioned on the last knitting post that I had found a video showing how to hold the yarn in the left hand instead of the right, and someone had asked if I would post the video. I'm sorry I didn't get back with you sooner!! I can't find the exact video I watched, but have learned in the meantime that this form of knitting is called 'Continental Knitting' and you can Google that and get lots of videos!! I'm still not sure I'm holding the yarn exactly like that either, but it's pretty close. :0)
 
The weather has turned frigid around here this week, so I'm off to work some more on my scarf, because now I really need it!!

2 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great progress, Shannon.

lynn cockrell said...

The scarfs are looking good!