Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year, New Blog

I've been super quiet for the past couple of weeks. It's been a nice time of rest and relaxing with the family. I've gotten some projects done and had a great Christmas with a few stitchy gifts given to me:) More on that later...

One thing I've been wanting to do is change my blog name/address. I'm not sure why other than the 'Homesteading' title just doesn't suit me anymore. Do we live on land which would allow for homesteading? Yes, we have 10 acres, we still garden - though on a much smaller scale than before, we've even raised some farm animals for meat and eggs (as well as 4-H projects:). Currently, however, we have gone away from the 'homesteading' lifestyle/goals and really paired down on the animals - if you consider 12 cats, 2 dogs and 2 rabbits paired down!!

Also I am becoming more and more focused on my handwork at the moment and even have some design ideas in mind that I would like to try and make something out of. Not sure it will become anything big, but as I look forward to my next stage in life (dd is getting close to being done with homeschooling and it is getting time for me to decided what is next for me), this is really the direction I'd like to try and go.

With all that said, I will be closing up this blog and be starting another one. Tomorrow I will be posting the link to it, and would like it very much if you'd join me on my 'move'!! I'm super excited about this change, however little it may be, and can't wait to see what direction it may take me!! :)

3 comments:

Mouse said...

sounds like exciting times ahead :) looking forward to being there to share it with you :) love mouse xxx

Christine B said...

Hi Shannon! New Year new start! Hope it all works for you! Have a great year and look forward to joining you at your new blog home! :) x

Anonymous said...

Look forward to the new blog and Happy new Years.